Working in media is an exciting and challenging undertaking. To help see you on the right track, we offer all our graduates a unique and in-depth training platform designed to give you the skills you need to navigate the complex and fast-paced world of media.
You’ll get to know what a media agency actually does, how all our different departments fit together, and how your role fits into the bigger picture. You'll also get invited to rare learning opportunities...as well as the odd knees up!
Here's a taster of what you could expect to gain as a Mindshare graduate:
- Google Squared: A unique digital marketing course and qualification for tomorrow's connected leaders. “Squared is a completely different learning experience.Through the variety of tasks we undertook (including some Dragons Den style pitches) I further learned how to take inspiration from and work closely with other disciplines to challenge the status quo. This is something that I’ve definitely continued to do now I’m back in my day job!” Charlotte Ince - Exchange Digital
- The IPA Foundation Certificate: Provides junior industry people, regardless of discipline, with the knowledge to perform their roles with confidence and expertise. “It’s great to have an industry recognised qualification behind me, and in terms of learnings, it gives detailed understanding of the wider business / industry factors within the brand communications process, which helps in your day to day understanding of our client’s needs.” Jack Hudson – Exchange AV
- NABS Fast Forward: An opportunity to learn from the industry's most inflential people, culminating in a pitch to a client brief. “The weeks spent working on the pitch with my team have been incredibly useful. I’ve learnt a variety of skills in those few weeks that it would have taken me years to learn otherwise” Matilde Pratesi - Social
- Self Development Fund: Mindshare supports personal development ideas from beer tasting to singing. “The Self Development Fund at Mindshare allowed me to complete a Level 1 qualification in British Sign Language. I’ve always loved learning new languages, but never had the opportunity to study something as different as a gestural language. Sign Language was an amazing new challenge and a fantastic introduction to deaf culture and society.” Hannah Gillet - Strategy
- MOD (Mindshare off Duty) Social Club: Runs annual events such as the May Ball and Halloween party for its members, as well as other fun and interesting activities.
- Gen M Networking: A social club run by Account Executives - a great way to make new friends.
- Buddy Scheme: On your first day, you'll be partnered with a mentor to help guide you through those all important first few months.
We recruit graduates all year around on an ad hoc basis, so there is no set deadline for applications. Find out more about our open roles here.
WILLIAM TUCKER, GRADUATE
I did not join Mindshare wanting a job but a career. I turned up for my interviews looking for a varied role that nourishes progression and that is exactly what I got.
The working environment is like no other and contributes positively towards my day to day routine. Hot-desking is widely encouraged and I begin my day deciding where I will sit based on what my diary looks like and what the rest of my team are doing. Either way, you are guaranteed a great view from the office!
As a new Account Executive, I am responsible for ensuring that the delivery and execution of our media planning runs smoothly and that nothing is overlooked, including managing budgets and strict deadlines. The days often fly by and are very satisfying on an individual and team level. No matter how junior your role is, you are made to feel a very valued part of the team, and are given a lot of responsibility early on.
Beyond the day to day, there are lots of internal and external training opportunities. For example, GroupM University offers free courses in all aspects of media and you are encouraged to attend and learn something out of your normal spectrum of work. That way you get to understand what all the other departments do and can work more collaboratively. There's also Huddle - one of the best training days you'll ever attend. Huddle gives you the chance to listen to inspirational talks, take part in interactive workshops and have a bit of fun.
It's not all work however. Mindshare supports other interests and passions. Last month, I signed up for a professional bicycle maintenance course, provided my Mindshare. Other choices were Spanish, singing and beer making.
What I relish at Mindshare the most is their complete openness to new ideas and their lack of hierachy.