This role reports to the Director, Planning.
3 best things about the job:
- A fun, dynamic office that is a brilliant mix of working within a heavily entrepreneurial environment while also being backed by the scale of WPP.
- Being able to work with a client set that are each the global leaders in their industry and who are always open to new ideas and want to push the boundaries of digital innovation.
- Learn and develop a career within one of the best, and most awarded, agencies in Vietnam
Measures of success
In three months:
- Onboarded onto the key accounts with full induction/training into all other facets of the business such as trading, specialized services (internal and within GroupM).
- Built good relationships with your team and helped them deliver even better work.
- Gained the trust and respect of the clients.
In six months:
- Managed and delivered effective campaigns and shown strategic leadership.
- Identified ways to improve processes on the account.
- Be able to identify opportunities to drive innovation and efficiencies for the client.
In 12 months:
- Become an integral part of the core team and a valued member of the agency.
- The proof of your success will be clients’ satisfaction and increasing business profit / commercial results.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Be the trusted advisor/ to-go person within the team and with clients for all things related to digital.
- Work with key media partners for implementation planning and negotiations.
- Presentation of strategy and implementation ideas to clients, across different digital platforms.
- Develop and follow best practices and procedures/processes for media planning & operations.
- Set viable objectives and KPIs, and recommend/develop measurement methodology against all briefs.
- Ensure projects/campaigns are tracked and measured based on agreed KPIs and media efficiencies.
- Provide guidance to the team on planning, operations, and optimization of digital campaigns.
- To be a team player and work well with all members of the team to ensure all tasks are fulfilled.
- To update the team and clients on new digital trends and changes in the media landscape (e.g. new media vendors, new ad formats etc).
What you will need:
- Minimum 4-5 years’ work experience in a media agency, client-side in-house team, or media owner capacity.
- Strong digital background with a strategic outlook.
- Solid experience in media planning and buying across all digital platforms, with hands-on experience of advertising technology platforms, for example, ad servers, DSPs, Facebook Ads Manager, an advantage.
- Highly evolved presentation and reporting skills.
- Experience in managing multiple work streams and integrating on large projects and teams.
- Demonstrated experience and success working in a client-facing role, with FMCG experience an added advantage.
- An ability to coach and develop junior members of the team.
- Shows the depth of understanding of the industry, business, brands, and consumers in client conversations.
- A passion for data, insights, and ideation.
Mindshare was born in Asia in 1997, a start-up with a desire to change the media world. Now we are a global agency with more than 7,000 employees in 116 offices across 86 countries, operating as one team. We believe that in today’s world, everything begins and ends in media. We aim to be our clients’ lead business partner, to grow their business, and drive profitability through adaptive and inventive marketing. We do this through speed, teamwork, and provocation and by operating as a network of networks rather than a rigid hierarchy. We create new things and have fun doing it. Whenever and wherever you join us, you open a door to opportunities in any and of all aspects of media, technology, and innovation. We will support you, recognize you and reward you, making Mindshare the place where you do the best work of your career.
Mindshare APAC has won 500 awards in the last year alone, including “Agency Network of the Year 2017” by both the MMA SMARTIES™ and Campaign Asia for the fifth and third consecutive years, respectively. In 2018, Mindshare Vietnam won the Mobile Marketing Association’s ‘Mobile Agency of the Year’ and Campaign “Vietnam Digital Agency of the year” awards, along with other global, regional and local acknowledgments of our strategic planning expertise
To learn more about Mindshare and our philosophy of Original Thinking, visit us at www.mindshareworld.com and follow us on linkedin.com/company/mindshare.
It’s no secret Vietnam is the fastest growing media market in Asia Pacific. Ad spends in Vietnam grew rapidly last year, with internet penetration reached in excess of 59.4% during 2019. With a population of more than 90 million, this market carries huge potential and possibilities for media players and talent. GroupM Vietnam fosters a culture of innovation and values our diverse and collaborative work environment.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.