London, United KingdomApply now
Account Manager, Integrated Planning
Job title: Account Manager, Integrated Planning
Group: Mindshare Worldwide
Ours is the story of the eternal upstart and change is in our DNA. We were born with the ambition to change the world through media. Raised in Asia, we are now the world’s most geographically balanced global network spanning US, Latin America, Europe and Asia. Mindshare’s birth in 1997 shifted the focus from media as a pure commodity to media as a change agent.
Our ambition was to go beyond the traditional media descriptors of “Optimise, Capitalise, Maximise.” We will not be defined by the formulaic definitions of media. Mindshare’s story is about teamwork. It’s why we called ourselves Mindshare in the first place!
We were designed to be a global network, balanced in every region, with clients benefitting from both global and local insights. Today 75% of our business is global and our global network and integrated approach is our strength. We are a global media agency network with billings in excess of US$24 billion (source: COMvergence) and our network consists of more than 7,000 employees, in 116 offices across 86 countries. Mindshare is part of GroupM, which oversees the media investment management sector for WPP, the world’s leading communications services group.
Discrimination, oppression and inequities towards people of different race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, abilities, age or any other differences, are unacceptable and have no place in the world or amongst our Mindshare family. We strive for an environment where everyone is treated fairly and respectfully, has equal access to opportunities and resources, whose voice is heard and who can contribute to the organisation’s success.
EightBar, powered by Mindshare, a GroupM company is seeking an Account Manager, Integrated Planning to join our team. This role is dedicated to servicing the global media, creative and data needs of one of the world’s leading technology companies – IBM. At our core we are focused on building an agency model for the future that is centered around streamlined workflows and an Audience First approach with data and performance as our twin north stars; all while pursuing the goal of thinking big, driving fundamental change, fostering deep collaboration and most importantly: achieving results.
Our people are all about working smart, being nice and having fun. Our goal is to evolve the traditional concept of an agency into a collaborative model fusing IBM, GroupM, and Ogilvy and we are looking for people like you to help us accomplish this.
People willing to Think differently.
This is an advanced role, requiring a blend of knowledge across media execution, performance marketing, and analytics. Planning, execution, and client management is at the core of what we do – our planners are part researcher, quarterback, coach, cheerleader, artist/scientist, psychologist, and politician. We develop the strategies our client uses to communicate with its current and existing customers. Our planning team is the tip of the spear when it comes to our work with both IBM and our internal partners, they are integral to the work we do, the success we seek and the change we crave.
They understand and value the principles of performance marketing but understand that consumer journeys are dynamic and delivering against those journeys most effectively requires a full-funnel approach to marketing (Brand and Performance). As such, our teams must be proven applicators of data to inform outcome-based media approaches that fuel both short- and long-term business goals.
Familiarity with agile program management, a passion for data fidelity and a strong collaborative spirit are all essential aspects of what it takes to be successful and impactful at EightBar.
You’ll direct the day-to-day account activities of the group and play a key role in the translation of marketing and advertising objectives into overall media strategies; you’ll also direct development of emerging media plans consistent with the approved strategy. You will be responsible for developing the skill and knowledge bases of assigned Associate(s) and/or Senior Associate(s).
• Partner with Director on all aspects of communication plan development and recommendations
• Maintain a deep understanding of client business goals and marketing objectives, translating them into objectives/strategies
• Demonstrate understanding of 3rd party research methodology and how data can be used to shape client conversations
• Demonstrate full understanding of Client’s businesses as basis for all future work
• Prepare and present strategic media recommendations to client and agency management, including objectives, strategy, rationale, and all backup materials
• Ensure integration & coordination between various communications programs
• Determine and supervise the best possible implementation of all approved communication plans and projects
• Centrally manage negotiations/ rate tracking/planning costs/benchmarking/budget management of assigned account(s)
• Direct marketing and media analyses to support recommendations
• Seek, investigate and actively pursue innovative communications opportunities, providing client with strategic points-of- view
• Develop innovative ways to present the group’s work
• Supervise the negotiation and implementation of all media buys
• Assist the Director in the negotiation of long-term media contracts
• Demonstrate better pricing, efficiencies and impact by consolidating buys across sites, Agency, & GroupM
• Enforce key investment tenets around KPI’s
• Handle issue resolution, recommend process improvements, and oversee client budget in conjunction with Communication Planning teams
• Oversee long term partnerships with media companies
• Act as primary planning / buying integration contact for outside agency partners
• Oversee all added value programs / opportunities to ensure smooth execution
• Keep abreast of current events, media trends and any target market industry trends that impact business
• Team Management and Leadership
• Lead Senior Associate in setting brand strategies and developing appropriate media plans
• Delegate work effectively so as to not only teach direct reports, but to also deliver seamless work to client
• Supervise, guide and counsel Senior Associate(s) and/or Associate(s) on all day-to-day activities
• Train staff in media and marketing disciplines as well as the specifics of the client’s business and industry
• Encourage and support staff attendance in various media training programs
• Manage group dynamics between Senior Associate(s) and/or Associate(s)
• Accurately, objectively and constructively evaluate performance of Senior Associate(s) and/or Associate(s) via talent development process
• Check for accuracy, timeliness and quality of all media group outputs
• Successfully complete required training program(s):
• Agency in house course – Leading and Managing Teams
• Agency-U Presentation Skills
• Account Management
• Provide insightful updates to media and agency partners on the status of all account projects
• Initiate appropriate cross-functional client meetings
• Assume ultimate media financial accountability with Client Accounting and agency partners
• Attend and participate in Client / Agency meetings as the day-to-day team representative
• Act with high integrity when managing solid relationships across agency and media partners in order to ensure brand understanding, more effectively sell ideas, and contribute to positive Agency evaluations
• Keep abreast of current events, media trends and any target market industry trends that impact client’s business
• Foster camaraderie within the different account teams and with all key stakeholders they support
Key performance indicators
• Possess and demonstrate excellent understanding of media fundamentals, including media math, target audience development, and communication goals
• Demonstrate strong proficiency with systems/tools
• Strong quantitative skills, including analytical abilities and math proficiency
• Demonstrate strategic thinking and effective problem-solving skills
• Ability to work within and effectively manage a team, decisively organizing multiple assignments for both self and team direct reports
• Adherence to tight deadlines while delivering flawless work
• Extremely business-minded and detail-oriented, with clear and proven organizational skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Show ability in training and leadership capability
• Exude an energy level that brings new and exciting ideas to the function and inspire teammates
• Exhibit ambition through appropriate participation in team, agency, and industry initiatives
• Demonstrate genuine curiosity and interest in our clients & their business
• Savvy with specific proficiency at MS Suite: Excel, Word, PowerPoint