We are looking for a Regional Associate Planning Director. This role is responsible for developing and landing a strong media strategy for two of our luxury client portfolio’s most iconic fashion brands. Alongside this you are tasked with driving best practice marketing and media solutions to ensure an integrated communication approach is successfully and consistently delivered across 8 APAC markets. And of course building a trusted partnership with your key client contacts through servicing excellence and a deep understanding of the luxury market.
Overview of job
We are looking for Regional Associate Planning Director. This role is responsible for developing and landing a strong media strategy for two of our luxury client portfolio’s most iconic fashion brands. Alongside this you are tasked with driving best practice marketing and media solutions to ensure an integrated communication approach is successfully and consistently delivered across 8 APAC markets. And of course building a trusted partnership with your key client contacts through servicing excellence and a deep understanding of the luxury market.
This is a unique opportunity to work at the absolute cutting edge of luxury marketing in the world’s most exciting and dynamic region. Luxury marketing is now at an exciting crossroad – Preserving brand equity and building long term brand health in a digitally enabled, instant gratification world. How will the industry react to the disruption new retail and ecommerce is bringing? How will they continue to stay relevant to the next generation of luxury customers? How will they grow their business with increasing competition of boutique and local brands?
3 best things about the job:
- You will hold a critical role in a new agency, powered by Mindshare, created specifically to service a luxury group client, one of the most prestigious media teams in this region. You will work directly with the regional Maison clients as well as their Media team in Hong Kong. This is a once-in-a-career opportunity to contribute to the future of luxury for a new generation of luxury consumers through the power of media.
- Your role will work side by side with all of the key markets in the region to develop the relevant Maison strategies and plans centrally and within the local L’Atelier teams. You will lead, inspire and educate to ensure we have a consistent and high-quality product and service in place across all deliverables for these Maison.
- You will be supported by subject matter experts in digital, strategy, performance and data to help you unlock the power of the Mindshare network and deliver exceptional results for Maison.
In this role, your goals will be:
In three months:
- Dive into the Maison’s history, mission, product lines (past, present, future) and develop a rock-solid chemistry with the key Maison leadership team, completing all the training we provide. By this point you will be an expert partner.
- Become fully up-to-speed with the APAC media landscape in general, and competitor media landscape specifically, having met with all relevant stakeholders and media partners.
- Be completely fluent in the language of L’Atelier, including our bespoke planning framework, key tools and systems like [m]Platform, and our focus on data and insights, and digital transformation.
- Bringing all this together, you will have begun the process of setting the APAC Strategy agenda in collaboration with the specialist leads in the regional team.
In six months:
- You will be leading the strategic planning outputs for the Maisons regionally, and supporting these outputs for each market.
- You will be managing your coordinator to provide seamless operational and coordination delivery for your Maison.
- Built outstanding, trusted, relationships with the Maison leads based on delivery of your high-value, high-impact work.
In 12 months:
- Got into a strong habit of delivering excellence with an eye to extended L’Atelier and Mindshare resources, leveraging your network of contacts to drive value and performance for the Maison.
- Managed the full annual planning proposal for your Maison, from budget setting to implementation.
- Worked in close collaboration with the team on future communication directives for your assigned client to address the dynamic media development, with a focus on innovation.
- Become an invaluable partner to your Maison.
As you can see – there is so much opportunity on this account, in this region, and with the support of the people and clients around you. Our promise to you is that this role will enable you to do the best work of your career.
What your day job looks like:
- Client Leadership: you are expected to become an indispensable ally and partner to the Maison and a critical component to our success. You will have earned the trust to have full visibility of pipeline activity and work collaboratively with the Maison on briefing processes and project timelines well in advance.
- Ensure our planning is strategically led, considering consumer insight, business insight and coming up with media led ideas to deliver value for our client.
- Have the understanding and confidence to discuss all aspects of the business, including working with the clients to arrive at the best process/systems for managing their business.
- Be an active part of a motivated team focused on improving our delivery to the client.
- Act as a mentor to junior employees.
- Prioritize tasks and appropriately delegate to individual members of the team, including markets, ensuring they are given adequate time, resource and are sufficiently trained to execute the tasks.
- Category Passion: you will know your haute couture from couture, black from charcoal grey, lip pencil from lip liner and beauty serum from essence cream! You will be living and breathing your passion for luxury.
- Curiosity: you will be a rapacious reader of all things luxury, culture, consumerism, and Asia. You will seek out the best media communications and marketing work from around the world.
- Project and People Management: You will be managing a coordinator directly, and leading through influence across multiple markets. Excellent communication and emotional intelligence is critical for your success.
- Partnering with media platforms to ensure relevant innovation in every proposal.
- 6+ years account planning, media communications planning, brand strategy, or marketing experience (Asia experience is desired but not necessary). You enjoy working in, and managing, multi-cultural teams where English is not the first language.
- You are not one who is easily intimidated, especially when it comes to supporting what you think is right. Consequently, you are at ease when challenging the opinions of senior clients and leaders.
- You’ll be comfortable taking action on follow-ups by doing the nuts and bolts work yourself and leading by example.
- You are a passionate media planner who enjoys the thrill of the ride but has the wherewithal to make sure the engine doesn’t burn out in the process. You like to work hard, but you prefer working smart and you enjoy helping others to do the same.
- Hands on experience in social planning, SEM/SEO, e-commerce
- Demonstrate strategic & critical thinking and effective problem solving skills
- Natural curiosity and dynamism
- Excellent communication skills and experience working across teams