Overview of job
Mindshare is an agency of GroupM, the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP.
GroupM is the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. We are currently looking for a Senior Manager/Manager, Media Planning to join us. You will be the trusted advisor not just to the client but also for internal touch points to deliver best practice 360-degree planning.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to: Business Director, Client Leadership.
3 best things about the job:
- You will be the agency’s front liner handling one of our top clients and brand in the country
- You will be working with a dynamic team and agency specialists all under one roof.
- You will be an innovation driver – leading integrated campaigns, having opportunities to create multiple creative media led campaigns and partnerships
Measures of success –
In three months:
- Understand the client’s brand portfolio
- Demonstrate knowledge on the processes and closely liaise with clients for integrated campaign deliverables
- Conduct meetings and regularly update clients on current campaign status
- Manage, review progress and deliver client’s marketing projects
In six months:
- Demonstrate keen eye for details and liaise with teams to ensure requirements / briefs are met on time and aligned with client’s objectives
- Develop proposals and strategy based on client’s requirements/ briefs;
In 12 months:
- Independently handle the planning process from planning and presentations to implementation of campaigns across several different platforms including pursuing new plans for clients
- Responsible for working with all the relevant teams and negotiating with media partners to achieve company KPI’s.
- Managing a team to develop innovative solution beyond standard planning to include content, customized research, activation and drive social media marketing, programmatic digital, mobile, search, etc.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Develop and drive projects/campaigns for assigned brands. This will include the ability to pursue and persuade clients on new planning approaches/innovations
- Work with key media partners for implementation planning and negotiations
- Understand the client’s market position to achieve optimal negotiation for clients
- Presentation of implementation ideas to clients, across different platforms
- Set viable objectives and KPIs, and recommend/develop measurement methodology against all briefs
- Work with the team on competitive reporting and analysis
- Ensure projects/campaigns are tracked and measured based on agreed KPIs and media efficiencies
- Facilitate cross team learning and knowledge sharing
- Develop and build relationships with clients, be the trusted advisor on account requirements
- Work with internal specialist resources and group resources
What you will need:
- Around 5-8 years of experience in media agency
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders, e.g. suppliers, advertising/marketing agencies, media owners and internal specialist resources
- Competent in media planning and buying across all platforms with a good understanding and working knowledge of digital media
- Shows a depth of understanding of the industry, business, brands and consumers in client conversations
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Possess strong thought leadership and ability to tell a compelling digital story.
- Strong client management experience on multi-national, complex clients with proven experience in Malaysia market or APAC region
- A track record of success in integrating a digital product offering into a wider communications planning offering (offline and online)
- Applied knowledge of 3rd party ad-serving, website and tracking and associated technologies a must, especially programmatic.
- Knowledge coupled with passion for digital: deep understanding of everything from SEO, PPC, mobile, digital display, digital brand, digital brand response, digital direct response. Must understand all of these and be able to illustrate how these disciplines/approaches can be applied to deliver client solutions
- Must be able to harvest vast amounts of information, news, data, research and distill the most important/relevant information for digital strategies
- Positive team spirit with the willingness to go the extra mile and passion for thinking outside the box
We were born in Asia in 1997 and for more than 20 years our values of Speed, Teamwork and Provocation have guided us in a world where everything is media. We are the Cannes Lions Media Network of the Year 2019 and WARC Media 100 #1 Media Network 2020, with the top 3 most creative campaigns in the world for the past year. In Asia Pacific we have been Campaign Asia’s Media Agency Network of the Year every year since 2015 and we are also Performance Agency of the Year.
Our 10,000 people work with some of the world’s best brands and companies to accelerate their growth. In 116 offices across 86 countries we integrate brand and demand, ruthlessly focus on outcomes and create the unexpected. We manage $24bn in billings and are the largest media agency in GroupM, WPP’s Media Investment Management arm, which is the #1 media holding group globally with billings of $63bn (Source: COMvergence 2019).
Hear our stories (and join us) at www.mindshareworld.com and follow us at: WeChat ID: Mindshare China; Instagram and Twitter: @mindshare; Facebook: facebook.com/mindshare and Linkedin: LinkedIn.com/company/mindshare.
GroupM Malaysia, a digitally advanced company, is the largest media group of the market with strong advertising spend in traditional, digital and programmatic media.
The office is the “World in One Place”, with more than 10 nationalities and half of our talent are below the age of 30. You can expect a young, fun and casual work environment! In Malaysia, we can see this ambition come to life through the digital literacy of its consumers. This market will provide endless opportunities for marketing, media and branding professionals to hone their skill as it transits rapidly from manually-managed traditional media to programmatic new media.
Those looking for an exciting and challenging career in media have no better place to be in than Malaysia.