Mindshare on top at the Smarties APAC 2013 Awards
SINGAPORE - Mindshare took home top honours at The Smarties™ APAC 2013, winning across five categories culminating in the Agency Network of the Year in Mobile. The awards were held at the Pan Pacific hotel on Friday 23rd August.
The Smarties™ saw intense competition from 5 media agencies, two digital agencies and 15 mobile marketing specialist agencies, all competing for categories like brand awareness, lead generation, product launch, promotion, CRM, location-based, e-commerce app development and more.
Mindshare is the only agency to have received awards across all the five categories that helped to get the coveted Agency Network of the Year in Mobile.
In App Advertising – gaming or others:
• Gold for Lifebuoy in Malaysia with ‘Pacman returns – with superior germ protection’
• Silver for Idea Cellular Limited in India with ‘Hello, honey bunny!’
• Silver for Unilever in India with ‘an ambient advertising model using mobile’
• Bronze for Cisco in India with ‘Connect the unconnected’
• Gold for Huggies, Kimberly-Clark in APAC
• Bronze for Kellogg’s in India with ‘Kellogg’s Chocos mAD calls’
Gowthaman Ragothaman, CEO of South and South East Asia, Mindshare, said “We have recognized the need to focus on mobile some years ago and worked with key clients to explore mobile marketing: The Smarties™ awards are a validation of these on-going efforts. This is all made possible by our fantastic client partners who have been bold enough to invest in mobile and have also been duly recognized at the awards.”
The Smarties™ are the only global mobile marketing awards program organized by the MMA and they recognize both regional and global work.
Gowthaman added, “When we set up our Mobile Centre of Excellence in Asia led our of Mumbai last year, we were convinced that we have the capabilities to play in this emerging new marketing eco system. I am extremely delighted to see our conviction vindicated.”